We want to remind you that we provide one (1) no-cost re-inspections when you order the initial inspection with Inspect LV. It’s important for you to understand the scope and limitations for these re-inspections.
- More accurately the one (1) free re-inspection equates to one trip to the property at no additional cost. Any return trip to the property is a reinspection. If we physically went to the property and could not perform the reinspection because of lack of utilities or lack of access- that counts as your free reinspection. If we physically drove all the way to the property and the re-inspection is cancelled or postponed it will count as a return visit.
- All re-inspections are performed as a route within a five hour window. We can’t be any more specific with regard to the time because it will depend upon the location of other re-inspections scheduled for that day. If a firm appointment is absolutely necessary, we will do our level best to accommodate the request but a $95 fee will be assessed.
- Understand that most often the re-inspection is often not performed by the same inspector who performed the inspection. Because of time constraints, we prefer the Buyer and / or Agent(s) not to attend. The inspector performing the re-inspection will have no knowledge of the home. He is pragmatically reviewing the repair list and verifying the appropriate repairs have been performed in conjunction with the original report.
- We will only review issues that were discovered in the original inspection report that were agreed to be addressed by the Seller in the Request for Repair form provided to our office. The fully executed Request for Repair form must be provided to our office no later than 3PM one business day before the scheduled appointment.
- Re-inspections are only performed prior to close of escrow, unless funds are held back in escrow for the purpose of repairs agreed to on the fully-executed Request for Repairs addendum. New construction homes or prior to builder warranty expiration inspections have 1 year from the date of the inspection to have an inspector return to the home for review of builder repairs.
- Re-inspection reports do not have photographs. Re-inspection reports are provided on company letterhead and will be sent via email no later than the next business day.
- We are limited to the amount of re-inspections we can perform in a single day and spaces book up quickly. Do not wait two days before signing or two days before recording to order the re-inspection.
- We view the home inspection as a process rather than an event. We want to protect our / your clients better than anyone out there. The one (1) free re-inspection helps us achieve that goal. If, for some reason, more than one visits to the property are needed, a second reinspection is at a $75 fee and all subsequent return visits are available at $95.
- We do our no cost reinspections for the following items: lack of gas utilities & to verify seller repairs were done properly per the fully executed Request for Repair addendum. We do not reinspect for post-inspection damage in instances like break-ins, vandalism, fire, water damages, repairs that had nothing to do with the original inspection report, post-close repairs, final walk-throughs, etc.
- Our E&O insurance carrier prohibits us from doing final walk throughs. You are highly encouraged to do a final walk through with your agent to make sure all systems are in the same working order as the day you wrote the contract and the day you had your home inspection. We strongly advise to speak with your Agent and their Broker for advise and that you do NOT close if there are items not working properly until a remedy is settled.
Re-inspections cannot be scheduled on-line. You must call our office (702-210-5333) to get onto a route. We will need to obtain a copy of the fully executed Request for Repair list.